Our field operation team goes out daily to:
- Ensure all Onzo bicycles are parked appropriately
- Re-park bicycles (if necessary) to ensure that the public is not obstructed
- Redistribute bicycles to address user needs
- Take in damaged bikes to repair them
If you think one of our bikes needs moving or repair, give us an email at email@example.com
If a bike is “Offline”, it might be temporarily unusable and waiting for our field operations team to fix. To help us, send us an email or message with the bike ID and address.
Try restarting the app if the bicycle won’t unlock. If the issue persists, please contact us.
If you have unlocked a bike a negative balance will not affect your current ride. However, you will not be able to scan for your next ride and your deposit fee will not be refunded until you have topped up your account and paid off the negative balance.
You can only rent out one Onzo bike at a time.
Onzo is a private entity, though we have worked with Council on how best to maintain our bikes.
Using Our Bikes
It’s easy to Onzo. Download the Onzo app (from the App or Play Store), register and account top up your deposit and balance, then use the map to find the nearest bicycle. Once you reach it, scan the QR code or enter the bike number manually to unlock it and you’ll be ready to go. Once you’re done, park the bicycle responsibly and lock it to finish your journey.
Bikes cost 25 cents for every 15 minutes of usage. The hire cost is charged from your Onzo account balance.
To finish a journey, pull down the lock above the back tyre of the bike until it clicks in place and makes a beeping sound.
Let us know by sending us a message at the bottom of our website, through Facebook, or by calling us on 0800 646 696.
To find the bike nearest to you, open your Onzo app. Nearby bikes are pinned on the map.
Onzo encourages all users to park our bikes responsibly. They should be parked in locations publically accessible for others to use and not blocking any driveways or footpaths.
- On the side of the streets
- Public bike racks
- Bus stops
- Public bicycle racks near Train Stations / Ferry Terminals
★ All Onzo bicycles have a stand, please do not drop/lay down the bike on the ground. ★
Onzo bikes should NEVER be parked in a residence, within a compound, on a private rack, or inside an underground parking space.
Your Onzo Account
The deposit is a $9.90 bond that must be in your account in order to use our bikes.
Your balance is where actual bike journeys are charged to.
You need money in both to be able to use an Onzo bike.
- Check that your mobile number does not include a zero before it e.g 21 111 111 instead of 021 111 111
- Check that your mobile data is turned on (the SMS cannot be sent through wifi)
- Did you press “Send” more than once. If so, wait ten minutes before trying again as our servers can get overloaded
- If an SMS still hasn’t sent, give us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry about that! Could you please give us an email (at email@example.com) or send us a message through the website with your Onzo account number and we’ll sort it out for you.